"The device driver got stuck in an infinate loop"

AdamPA

n00b
I get a BSOD all the time when playing games saying "The device driver got stuck in an infinate loop". This is really pissing me off and inhibiting me from playing games. I have a ATI X1600 PRO. How do I fix this?

8/10 it's a driver issue. But there are those occasions that this is indicative of a hardware fault.

Start by ensuring you have the latest driver. I you do, ensure you completely uninstalled and removed the last set. If that's not the case, rollback to a previous driver that worked. You could also check to make sure you have the latest chipset firmware for your motherboard.

If you still have problems, you'll have to start troubleshooting hardware issues by isolating components.

Well did your old driver Work? What Os are you Using ....and Infinate loop is a.... Thread Stuck in Driver Error ...This can happen with bad install of new driver ....Ati or Nvidia.....If you only have this problem after Updating your driver ,I would highly recomend you roll it back for Now

....Ive seen threads on this at Amd's gamers forum and I believe official Bf2142 forum ........From what i read ive seen few threads about the new 7.4 driver having problems,,But it can affect the Sound aswell if using Xfi or Audigy......you will hear your sound get all wacky before it happens usually...Like a high pitch sqeal..then crash with usually Bsod...This is from the 7.4 driver not the sound driver!

Most likely its just bad install .....I think everyones been lil p offed by drivers lately... Im using Qaudro beta drivers on my 8800 and thier stable ,,where the 158.22 had glitches on certain games and lower Fps ......Ive had two people in my old gaming clan Complain about the very isuue of BSOD with Cat 7.4 one had his sound go out and the other guy didnt ,But they both were getting the dreaded BSOD!...stick with the 7.3----------7.3 cuz it works ....If it aint broke dont update it unless there is going to be a legit benifit.....Hope works for ya:cool:you could try 6.2 but its way old.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Also NOTE: Catylist 7.4( does not support X1600Pro with hdmi )can cause problems ,low FPS ,Bsods,reboot ,Kick to desktop while gaming! Ati says to use Catylist 7.3 under Vista 32bit/ 64bit and can cause some know problems on Xp machinces as well....This is for X1600pro HDMI and not the x800 or x1900 or x1950! you can find more info on this @ AMD.com/Ati

7.4 for Vista does( Not) support X1600Pro
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.html

7.4 for Xp profesional and XP32bit Does( Not) support X1600Pro
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html
******************************************************************************************************
7.3 for Xp profesional and Xp32bit DOES!
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat73-xp.html

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************HOPE THIS HELPS:D

Back