The coffin Lan Box

My carpenter bud had some time off(notice the cast lol) and wanted a lan box.
I usually build these for him but he wanted a homebuilt wooden case.
So after buying some hickorey and maple + lot's O beer.
This is what he made spec's are Epox EP-8RGM3I N-Force 2 MB.
2500 barton,1gig corsair 3200 mem,X-800-Pro vidcard,80gig WD special edition.
I think he did a damm good job!!! :D
How about you?
pic's are here.

http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/000_0260.JPG
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/000_0277.JPG
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/000_0279.JPG
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/000_0262.JPG
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/000_0278.JPG

Knowing my ability, I would cut off the two left in the open (especially if I had limited use in that hand).

Box Looks Sweet.

That looks really cool. I like the combination of woods. For a one armed wonder, he's got skill. I can only imagine how good he is at full potential.

I must say this: as good as Bonz is, that fan grill is just a tad out of place. The colors set the whole thing off.

looks nice, but i am not so sure about the painted monitor ;)

cool mod none the less :)

The moniter was an experminet it failed lol.
I inheirated it as a backup moniter or for lans he has a 17" lcd now.
Neither he nor I wanted to take the damm cover off that beast again to repaint it lol.

Very nice work. BTW, you're not supposed to hold tools facing you like the one in the picture! But thats probably why you have the cast!! LOL j/k

I might try something like that. I have all the tools at my disposal, though I think I would only use different colors for designs like the cross instead of random stripes everywhere. Or maybe a pattern radiating from the center.

ANYWAY nice work!

Thanks to everybody who commented,I know he apreaciates it.
It was a drunk driver that almost killed him,and they still dont know how much use he will get back in that hand.
Carpentry is what he does and a carpenter is what he is!!.
So again thank's to you all one handed at it he kicks my ass lol,as part of thearpy gaming is good for him so we lan as much as possable lol.
Atr least it is what he tell's his wife :D .

Old Hippy1960 said:
Thanks to everybody who commented,I know he apreaciates it.
It was a drunk driver that almost killed him,and they still dont know how much use he will get back in that hand.
Carpentry is what he does and a carpenter is what he is!!.
So again thank's to you all one handed at it he kicks my ass lol,as part of thearpy gaming is good for him so we lan as much as possable lol.
Atr least it is what he tell's his wife :D .
Sorry to hear about the accident. It looks damn nice. Give him my regards :)

Oh damm I see what you mean now lol :D .
Their just some old stuff I dont keep by the desk any more :p .
Thats my work/check it out desk.

it looks great but I did see something that just doesn't look right....on the shot where you can see the front of the case and there is a cross...if you look at the thin light line at the top...it doesn't match up with the same line on the side...the back piece matches up though..was that intended to do that? other than than I think it is a "killer" case ;)

Good eye lol.
That cross was an after thought,He dident realize the line till after it was done by then he was so tired their was no changing it :eek: .
He was so tired and frustrated clamping,glueing,cutting with one hand he called it good :p .
the bozz grill was something to cover the fan till something more it style with case comes along.

<brurns>

Excelllent...

</burns>

well done !
beer.gif

and for some unknown reason my wife calls me "picky" ;) I don't know if I missed it or not but what kind of wood was used on this anyway? I am thinking Mohogany and something

IMO the strips of wood in the infished product detract from the sweetness of this mod as it's too busy, you get lost in the strips, other than that... sweeet

Wow, that's sexy...wait, that takes sexy to a new level. Love the combo wood, looks hot.

Damm Thank's to you all you have made his day.
I fancy myself as a carpenter (end tabels,coffie tables) but I have to admit his skill is beyond mine.
We grew up in the same neiborhood me being 4 years older(he was the baby of the group)
his sister was about the same age as me.
Then this stupid drunk bitch swerves in front of him on his way to work one morning and his trade,his livelyhood seams to be all but gone.
To a guy in the trades it's like having your dick cut off,some of you know what i mean,who you are is just gone!!!
He is regaining some use in the "bad"hand.
Best case 60% so he will have to try for a formans job.
Thank god for the carpenters union to retrain for that position,with his knowledge and skill to pass on there is some hope to do what he loves. Or it might be fast food for him,and that would be a shame for the talent I've seen bloom all these years.
So once again thank you for the props!!!!!.
The freek turned geek!! old hippy.

wow... very nice work

the guy in the 4th picture looks like he was doing a lil more than just "carpenter work"... :D

Back