the best way to remove spyware

jeebus

Weaksauce
i have sb&d, adware, and i still cant get rid of isearchtech and ,ive tried going into safe mode, the wont go away, nothing can get rid of them. i need to know how to got into the registry and manually get rid of them, these things seem to be with internet explorere. is it ok to get rid of IE6?

have you tried cwshredder? It's good for cleaning up IE

Also - Microsoft's new BETA spyware scanner/removal software is very good (but be warned it is beta)

jeebus said:
wow, google did nothing for me exect bring about more threads like the one i made where people didnt help, and just said google, it

no how about helping me? their website says shit, I WANT TO REMOVE THE DAMN THING FROM MY REGISTRY, HOW DO I GET THERE

Google brought up 3 different sites with info on how to remove it.
The website itself has a removal tool, which came up on google.
The other results linked to the removal tool on the website.

Start, run, regedit

If you don't know how to get there, I don't think you should be deleting things...

Milenko said:
...If you don't know how to get there, I don't think you should be deleting things...
We all learned at some point. Most of us learned the hard way, right? :eek:

mosin said:
We all learned at some point. Most of us learned the hard way, right? :eek:

heheh yup.

Well, the cure is always one step behind the problem (or something like that) if Adaware and SpyHunterS&D aren't cutting it, sometimes HiJackThis can give useful info. If you want to delete occurences from the registry, go ahead but backup your useful data first. If you screw up your system or still cant get rid of it, then all you can do is admit that this is one of those unremovable spywares. Proceed to type 'format c:' and reinstall your OS.

Then download Firefox.

search for hijackthis. be warned though, HT shows both legitimate things as well as spyware so use with caution, don't use if you're not sure.

the log has checkboxes and you check the ones you want to remove.

Milenko said:
Start, run, regedit

If you don't know how to get there, I don't think you should be deleting things...

Amen to that one. He can flame the hell out of people who try to help, but he can't find the registry.....wow.

jeebus said:
the registry, how do i ge there

Rofl, this is classic, it's almost like you expect it to be a famous line from a movie
"the registry, HOW do i get there?!" Anyway enough of that, I agree with the previous poster in regards to MS anti-spyware it is very good at cleaning up spyware/adware that adaware and spybot can't but I have found many problems at our corporate network while testing MS anti-spyware, it caused conflicts with existing programs and even stopped new apps from being installed, so for now I can't use MS's until it's out of beta.

Back