The Aurora spyware/adware - ARGH

DJ Zaki

Limp Gawd
I did a search, but I didn't see any thread on [H] about this new evil adware/spyware, which unlike the others, is a super-ultra pain to remove. Even running full-scans of Ad-Aware 1.06, Norton Antivirus, XoftSpy, SpyBot, cleaning temp folders/cookies of both MIE and Firefox, this bitch manages to rename itself and keeps coming up.

It's by far the worst adware/spyware I've come across. If I see another pop-up of Aurora ads, I may blow up this monitor.

Try Counter Spy from Sunsoft. It works really good. Only a trial for download but at least it will clean your system good.

ShimmyT said:
I ran into this a while ago, try this: remove aurora seems to have worked for the people that I know that got this.

I agree,
I just removed this from my mother-in-law's pc this weekend.
It was a huge pain in the ass trying to find something to remove it.
I actually ended up killing her tcp/ip with lspfix, then had to fix it with winsockXP repair.

I had a pc with that on it and I couldnt remove it......
what I did was open wordpad put some random text in it....
went to the location of Nail.exe...deleted Nail.exe, and then saved the wordpad doc as Nail.exe, went to its properties and made it read only.....
rebooted the PC....
a CMD window opened up as the Nail.exe was being accessed or trying to be rewritten, but being that it was read only, it could not be written or rewritten, and so that seems to have stopped it from working......
i havent followed up on this PC that I did this too yet, but I havent had a call from them saying that this issue was happening anymore. So thats something that you can give a try..

Nail.exe should be in the C:\Windows Folder or C:\WINNT...cant remember which off the top of my head...

also heres a couple links that you can try where others have had this spyware:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Aurora_spyware_keeps_coming_back-t28398.html

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Aurora_spyware_Nailexe-t24344.html

damn and I thought coolwebsearch was a bitch but this one is a mother thats for sure....

that's a really good question, I wonder how the hell it happened...I bet it's because I left my PC not logged off and I remember a few weeks ago a friend of mine wanted to "use the pc real quick to search something"...I usually never let anybody fuck with my desktop, not even family...

Well I tried that uninstall, let's hope this bitch doesn't come back, or I may have to reformat...ugh.

I searched and found those recommendations, less involved steps didn't work in the long run but what did work was a system restore to a date well earlier than the time of infection.
I got by downloading episoded 22 of 24. :eek:

Guys.

Ewido Security Suite. There is a trial download on their website.

It destroys all!

Back