Testing my new email server

benutne

[H]ard|Gawd
This is NOT an open invitation to crash the thing. I just want to see if the MX records got changed over properly. Some stuff (including the new post notification from the forum) may not be getting through.

Please send a test message to ben.utne AT blacklanternstudios.com

The more the better. Heres the important part: when you do send one (test message), please post here so I can see if I got them all.

Thanks a bunch.

Anyone? I swear to God, I will not use this to spam you or anything stupid. I just want to make sure the damn thing is working.

benutne said:
Nope, but its actually hard.forum@hardocp that sends the notification of a new post in a subscribed thread.

You really don't need for people to do that. In fact I used DNSStuff to find out your MX records for your email server. I then telnetted to your mail server via name and manually created the email message with a from address as [email protected].

Your email server indicated the mail was queued for delivery, so I'd be looking into why it was not delivered yet on your end.

Huh...I dont have ANYTHING waiting in ANY of my mail queues...I've connected using telnet before and it worked just fine, sending the message and all.

SJConsultant said:
You really don't need for people to do that. In fact I used DNSStuff to find out your MX records for your email server. I then telnetted to your mail server via name and manually created the email message with a from address as [email protected].

Your email server indicated the mail was queued for delivery, so I'd be looking into why it was not delivered yet on your end.

Totally. DNSStuff.com rules!

SJConsultant said:

Please try this again...I've been doing it from inside my firewall on my own network. I dont know what happens on the outside yet...

benutne said:
Huh...I dont have ANYTHING waiting in ANY of my mail queues...I've connected using telnet before and it worked just fine, sending the message and all.

Welcome to exchange hell..... :D

Back