Testbed4 is here!

I'd like to see how the Caviar RE2, 7200.9, and 7K500 compare.
 
Wow, that's a new article? I happened to be on SR today and read thru the new testbed, but I didn't realize it was new... In any case, I take a bit of issue with their statement that "The SI3124 does not deal particularly well with drives that do not feature some sort of command queuing ability" but they stick with it nonetheless. I mean, sure new drives will probably have CQ features of some sort, but in the meantime it really hurts existing drives. It's also a bit odd that they use XPSP2 everywhere, even in the server-type benchmarks. I don't know of anyone using XP for a real server of any kind, and there may be optimizations in the server-grade (riiiight...) Windows OSes.

And yeah, can't wait for the next generation of HDs.

 
Dadgummit, I knew there was something wrong with the 7K400 results in the TB4 preview threads on the SR forums. Looks like Hitachi has been restored in a big way :)
 
Back
Top