Terminal Services Licensing issues

Karama

n00b
I am having some issues with my Windows 2000 Server. I have 10 Terminal Service Licenses. I will at any given time be using no more than 5 or 6 concurrently. But my Server is popping up messages that I am out of licenses. What is a fix for this. I bought two 5 packs of licenses and can't find one of the keys so I am hoping not to have to uninstall/reinstall terminal services. Any help would be great

Go to the licensing tab and make sure that they are actually still installed, I have in many cases installed licenses and for some reason they will just disappear on me and go back to the 5 defaulted with the install. A fix that will work for a little while is to go into your services tab and stop the licensing service which will prevent that error message from coming up until the system restarts the service. I don't know exactly how long that lasts but it will help for a little bit of time.

Thanks for the info.

I belive per device

and yes the licenses and TS are handled on the same server. This is the only server in the network

If it's per device than once 10 different devices have logged in you'll get that message. You may only have 5 people on then, but if #6 is the 11th device it's seen it won't get a license.

NetJunkie said:
If it's per device than once 10 different devices have logged in you'll get that message. You may only have 5 people on then, but if #6 is the 11th device it's seen it won't get a license.

It takes a TS CAL as soon as you connect. If you see a login screen that CAL is gone. You should switch to per user in your invironment it sounds like.

Back