I've noticed that HWMonitor and CoreTemp are giving me different temperatures. They're ridiculously different, too.
In the picture CoreTemp says 27c and HW says 42c. Is there something I'm missing? Which temperature should I trust?
Regarding the voltage of my CPU, I left the bios setting on auto but I was thinking of making the voltage a set number, so I can possibly reduce temperatures and maybe overclock more. I've done Prime95 small FFT for about 8 hours and it was fine. But is that because CPU voltage is on auto, and therefore it fluctuates? If I were to set the voltage manually, how many settings would I have to change? (I don't understand/know what a lot of the settings in the bios are, and I don't like to tweak things I am unsure of).
My E2160 is at 2.8ghz, and I have OCZ DDR2-800 5-4-4-15 @ 5-5-5-15
Thanks.
In the picture CoreTemp says 27c and HW says 42c. Is there something I'm missing? Which temperature should I trust?
Regarding the voltage of my CPU, I left the bios setting on auto but I was thinking of making the voltage a set number, so I can possibly reduce temperatures and maybe overclock more. I've done Prime95 small FFT for about 8 hours and it was fine. But is that because CPU voltage is on auto, and therefore it fluctuates? If I were to set the voltage manually, how many settings would I have to change? (I don't understand/know what a lot of the settings in the bios are, and I don't like to tweak things I am unsure of).
My E2160 is at 2.8ghz, and I have OCZ DDR2-800 5-4-4-15 @ 5-5-5-15
Thanks.