temperature monitoring program for Vista 64bit

nobody_here

[H]F Junkie
wondering what everybody running Vista (i am running ultimate 64bit if that matters) is using to keep tabs of temps for the CPU when overclocking

thanks

well, i wish there was a way to not have to remember to hit F8 every time i boot up.....that sucks, but at least i have a way to make Core Temp work for now

well, i wish there was a way to not have to remember to hit F8 every time i boot up.....that sucks, but at least i have a way to make Core Temp work for now

You don't have to hit F8 every time. Core Temp works just fine under Vista 64 for me with driver signing disabled.

You don't have to hit F8 every time. Core Temp works just fine under Vista 64 for me with driver signing disabled.

i followed the instructions , set to run as admin and all, but every time i click on it without hitting F8 it says the "driver failed to load", every time i hit F8 at boot it works fine

and if you follow the links in the other thread, there's a lot of other people with the same problem

http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211

some even wrote scripts to automatically pause on the bootloader screen so they dont miss hitting F8 every time

what am i missing?

I've posted this before but I'll do it again.

The bcdedit commands must be run from an elevated administrator command prompt, followed by a reboot.

Bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Make sure you don't have any of the following updates installed

KB932596
KB938979
KB938194

These all reinforce driver integrity checks.

This way, I can run ATi Tray Tools, Core Temp etc without needing to worry about unsigned drivers and remembering to hit F8 every time. And F8 doesn't even work if you've certain hotfixes installed.

I've posted this before but I'll do it again.

The bcdedit commands must be run from an elevated administrator command prompt, followed by a reboot.

Bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Make sure you don't have any of the following updates installed

KB932596
KB938979
KB938194

These all reinforce driver integrity checks.

This way, I can run ATi Tray Tools, Core Temp etc without needing to worry about unsigned drivers and remembering to hit F8 every time. And F8 doesn't even work if you've certain hotfixes installed.

well then i am glad you didnt make it sound like it should just work in your last post......thanks for sharing these details ;)

well, i'll look at it, but a couple questions come to mind.....i did a clean install last night and it says it is completely up to date, so i am pretty sure i already have those updates installed
and also, F8 still works for me, even though it also says it is completely up to date...so not sure what to say about that

also, is there not any risk in leaving driver signing disabled permanently?

You have the option to remove any installed updates. I can't particularly see a problem with allowing unsigned drivers to install as long as you're aware of what you're installing :).

You have the option to remove any installed updates. I can't particularly see a problem with allowing unsigned drivers to install as long as you're aware of what you're installing :).

ok, i'll have to look at it more closely, thanks for the info, you're right, it only affects driver installs as far as i can tell, and the only drivers getting installed are the ones i tell it to...so seems harmless

Speedfan here, just don't forget to offset the temperatures by 15º (unless they have a newer release fixing this).

It works great on my G15 and SirReal's LCD mod.

Back