TEC Waterchiller

L33T

Limp Gawd
Why not go with an Off the Shelf solution like a: Wintsch Labs Arctic Web Liquid Cooled 437Watt Thermoelectric Assembly

i think that i have got what you are going for straight in my own mind, and i don't really agree with it since waterproofing your stuff isn't TOO hard to pull off.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCWCHILL-452.asp

if i were, for watever reason, to try something along the lines of what you are going for, i would modify one of these to opperate using whatever size of tubing that the waterblock and pump uses. i would insulate a res, and have no rad in the cooling loop. i would then set up the pump/fans/rad/12V PSU that drive and cool the hotsides of the peltier modules with high trigger and low shutoff temp sensors to cycle it according to the temperature of the coolant in the loop.

i think that you would want to use a relatively large res, and measure the temperature of the liquid before it enters the chiller, to prevent fast temperature swings.

and it will take a DAMN large heatsink to cool a big enough pelt to chill the full volume of coolant below the dew point.

fore1337 said:
Why not go with an Off the Shelf solution like a: Wintsch Labs Arctic Web Liquid Cooled 437Watt Thermoelectric Assembly
he says in the thread that he does not want somthing that works that well............

Yea basically just something to lower the temps a bit more

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-134.html THE ideal pelt would circulate water on the cold side of the pelt in case the thermo unit fail via a selenoid valve or a thermo valve. other wise the dead pelt becomes a insulation between the water block and the CPU. correct me if im wrong here.

I am putting together a TEC-enabled waterchiller. Here is the link to the thread devoted to it.

I am going to use an array of air-cooled, low-powered TEC's in a paralell loop

L33T said:
Yea basically just something to lower the temps a bit more
so.....how much do you know about working with TECs?

one thing that i will say is that your pumping ability goes straight to hell at hotside temps approching 40C. you should probably shoot for 35 to get reasonable efficiency.

having said that, it's very hard to keep a modern TEC adequately cooled with a simple heatsink. a watercooling loop would work better.

Back