TEC power question

AnimeMan

n00b
Joined
Apr 7, 2003
Messages
41
i found some really cheap power supplys, do you think a 500 watt would be enough to power the tec and the cpu? I have 2 hd's and one cdrw, 512 pc1066 RDRAM,

http://store.yahoo.com/str8buy/powersupplyups.html

Is it even possible, like if i rigged the 2 tec wires directly into a molex (or cut the molex off and attach straight to the power cables? I also found a place that sells the mean well thats reccomended for my tec (226 watts) for about 85. But 12 dollars for a 500 watt beats spending 85 for a mean well.
 
An 80w TEC, most likely. It depends on the rail amperage available. On a 226w TEC, no. A 226w takes about 17v if I recall, so you need a meanwell which can put out a steady/safe 12+ 5- (17volt).
 
Becareful, put in some safety features when playing with high power pelts... K.E. has some nice pics if you want to see what happens if you're putting too much faith in your setup :D
 
Back
Top