Team Fortress 2 (PC) available for $2.49 until 1400 PDT (10/29)

Is there any way you can purchase this for yourself (my account already has it) and have it show up as a gift copy in steam to be given at a later date?

edit: looks like the only way would be to send it to an e-mail and then just forward it to whoever you want later.

Last edited:
My motherboard has G35 graphics (P5E-VM HDMI). Before I pull the trigger, will my family PC play it (G35, E1200, 2GB DDR2 1066)?

Is there any way you can purchase this for yourself (my account already has it) and have it show up as a gift copy in steam to be given at a later date?

edit: looks like the only way would be to send it to an e-mail and then just forward it to whoever you want later.

If you add it to your cart, there is a "Buy As Gift" option.

My motherboard has G35 graphics (P5E-VM HDMI). Before I pull the trigger, will my family PC play it (G35, E1200, 2GB DDR2 1066)?

My GeForce 9300M based setup similar to that could run medium settings at 1280x1024 with a reasonable framerate.... I suspect it would be playable at 1024x768, but I would doubt much above that.

Excellent find. I bought 1 copy for a friend and one for my other computer. I just made it with 2 minutes to spare.

SHIT! I just got home and saw this, went to Steam and saw it was still $2.50. Went to checkout and it changed right after I added to my cart!
arghh.gif

I paid 20 for this game back during a weekend deal. I played it about 3 hours total. Not that I hate it, I just got sick of CS like games after spending so years playing them all day.

Dammit dammit dammit! Wanted to get it for the rest of my colleagues. *sigh* I should have been more diligent.

I think Steam is doing this on purpose with putting it up and yanking it away just to fuck with us =.= . . . well, with you. I got my copy >:-P

Anyone who doesn't have TF2 would be a fool not to jump on this deal.

I missed it, but a good friend of mine gifted it to me! :D

I'm happy.

Back