• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Tape drive for autoloader

Sturm

n00b
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
29
Hello

I'm just creating this thread because I have a question regarding the replacement of a tape drive in an autoloader.

We currently have the HP autoloader 1/8 G2, but the tapedrive in it is broken. I want to replace it with one from ebay but I wonder if the tapedrive is the same for this autoloader and the MLS 2024 & MLS 4048.

I hope my question is clear.
Thanks in advance
 
Is your 1/8 LTO 4 or 5, and is it SAS, SCSI or FC? I can check the replacement numbers when I know which drive.

Update - If you have an LTO4 drive, that seems to be the only cross compatible (from part#'s) drive. Both the 2024/4048 and 1/8G2 LTO4 drives support the Ultrium 1760 drive, so if that is your version you should be ok (We have some 2024's and 4048's in LTO5/6 so I can check actual drives in those, we don't have any 1/8's). Otherwise it is a crapshoot. The 2024 Supports some LTO2 drives, LTO3 drives in Ultrium 920 & 960, LTO4 drives in Ultrium 1760 & 1840. The 1/8 G2 supports LTO4, 5 & 6 configurations.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

We actually have a SAS LTO-3 device. But I think the 1/8 G2 is also compatible with LTO-4 & 5.
 
Here is a link of the compatible drives for LTO 1-4 for the 1/8. Other physically-capable drives MAY work, but that is a crapshoot. The 1/8 in various revisions supports LTO1-6 but older changer firmware may not be compatible with newer drives that are not specifically approved.
 
Back
Top