Sygate Personal Firewall Pro vs Kerio Personal Firewall Pro

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Are there any network ninjas out there that would chance a comparison between these two pieces of software. I've been using Sygate Pro 5.5, and it seems to work passibly well but hasn't had a major update since 2004 Kerio Pro 4.2 is newer, but I hear it has mixed reviews. Is thereanyone who has used both and can tell me the superior? I'm looking for comprehensive, useful protection rules, customizability, low memory footprint, reliable updates etc....

Likewise, is there something superior to both? Preferably with a good, security based site with reviews? (non Cnet etc...)

Thanks

P.S. Please don't tell me I should use norton, mcafee, zone alarm, or anything of the like.

I tested both of them and Sygate was my choice, give SPF free a try, wont let you down :D

oldmx

Off topic a bit but do you know how to attach Sygate (not the personal edition) firewall to a specific IP address - i.e. if you have muliple and you want different rules for different ones.

I've tried both and have decided on sygate personal

Now i have had issues with it where suddenly regardless of settings it would block all traffic, No attack history either. The solution was to remove all programs from its profiles and reteach sygate which proggys i want to give access to. Besides that issue(has happened twice) It works great

Back