Switcheroo for old PSU?

b0nehead

n00b
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
17
I have an old IBM Aptiva 2153 that I would like to replace the PSU by swapping one in another box. The current bad PSU in the IBM is a 95 Watt PSU. Would you think if I switched it with a 200Watt or above PSU this would work/be safe? Are the PSUs on these old computers proprietary to the one the manufacturer put in? I would like to save some money by not having to spend $40 on a replacement part for this old computer. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
 
Aptiva 2153? I've got an old 2158-254, and it looks like an mATX PSU in terms of dimension, but I'm not sure if the pinouts are the same (haven't looked)... but that 95W PSU, there's only 1.5A available on the +12V, so make sure you get something with lots of +5V and +3.3V current.
 
Back
Top