Swan m10 vs. Swan d1080mkII vs. others

shaden79

n00b
i am attempting to decide on a new set of speakers for my dorm room for the rest of the school year and my very small apartment i will be sharing with three roommates next year.

from reading these threads and browsing a few others it seems that the

Swan M10 and the Swan D1080mkII both seem to be good speakers for the price. but i cant seem to decide between the two. i will admit that my speaker knowledge is quite light and i was wondering if anyone on this forum had any opinions on these speakers or a better option.

my current room is 14'x13' and shared with a room mate and my room next year is around the same size.

as far as price goes i am looking to stay in the same ball park as the above speakers (100-150) but i think i can go up to 250 if it would really make a real difference in my options.

my other questions involve ability to upgrade later on. i was wondering if it would be possible to say get the swans and add a sub down the road or would i have to start from scratch. (i have never really been a fan of huge booming bass but i might be nice to have a 2.1 set up versus 2.0)

any options that fill my needs better than the above set are always welcome.

thanks in advance,
Shaden79

I'd have to say those two are pretty much your best options as of now besides the M-Audio AV40 (until people find something better). And yes, you could add a sub down the road, whenever you want.

Back