SVS SBS-01

oreos

n00b
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
31
Does anyone have any experience using these speakers as part of a computer setup? I was planning on getting a used/refurb HK stereo receiver and running a simple 2.1 setup with these and maybe a Dayton 10" sub.

I'm just wondering whether they'd be appropriate for gaming/movies on a pc. They're home theater speakers by design so I'm guessing I should be okay. Any advice would be appreciated :D
 
If the price is right, go for it! SVS is known more for their subwoofers, but im sure that they make quality speakers also.
 
They put more money in their loudspeakers in parts/drivers than any manufacturer I know of.

Of course sometimes they've been accused of just throwing expensive parts together with little synergy; borderline shovelware. Their speakers are pretty plain jane looking too. They also push their crossovers pretty damn low...around 1.2KHz. Their tweeters are good, but not THAT good.
 
Back
Top