SuperPi errors, what do they mean?

ChingChang

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
6,504
I figure the overclocking section knows most about superpi...

using an Athlon 64 3700+ running at stock speeds, I got the following errors in SuperPi:
NOT CONVERGENT IN SQR05
NOT EXACT IN ROUND

I ran this right after running prime95 for around 20 hours, completely stable.
Any test would immediately show one of those errors. Then I restarted and now it seems to work fine.

Why was I getting these errors and what do they mean?
I'm running the 32M test now, but I'm pretty sure it will be fine. Seems strange that I would get those errors before...
 
PI is all about memory. So I'd say either your ram doesn't like running at what you're running it at....or the mem controller of the cpu is weak. Podt your timings.
 
Had eXactly the same problem.
I am Overclocking an AMD 165.
FSB 267
Divder 1:1
Ballistix Tracer 2x512
1T
3-4-4-8
2.6V
that config gave me the same error in SuperPi
FSB 267
Divider 1:1
1T
3-4-4-8
2.7V
^ Worked 100% fine.
 
Well 32M went through fine, no errors. So I don't think there is a problem. Everything is at stock speeds. I ran memtest86 for a few hours and no errors.
 
Back
Top