• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Super basic PSU connection question

yanathin

n00b
Joined
Sep 5, 2004
Messages
55
Hey guys, I'm a complete newb in building PC's, and I may have gotten in way over my head... I have 2 main SATA cables on my power supply, each with 3 branching SATA connections (for a total of 6 SATA connectors). Let's call each main cable A and B, and the connectors would be A-1, A-2, A-3, B-1, B-2, B-3. I have two hard drives to connect. Is it generally better to connect both hard drives using the A cable (hard drive 1 with connector A-1, hard drive 2 with connector A-2), or use each main cable separately for each hard drive (hard drive 1 with A-1, hard drive 2 with B-1)? And after that, what connector would go with a 3rd hard drive when I eventually get one? Thanks!!
 
theorectically it would be better to balance the load. However, in practice it rarely matters. Just put them in how they fit.
 
Back
Top