SUN (!) 20" LCD Panel

meauounji

n00b
Does anyone know anything about this panel?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190092673141

The specs match the dell 2007fp, (click the link in the listing for a more detailed spec) so I'm thinking it's basically the same thing since I don't think Sun actually makes lcd panels, but the thing is, if you look up the 'price' of the Sun monitor, it's like close to a thousand dollars 'retail' (or as retail as the server market gets anyway) which is about twice the cost of the dell monitor!

Anyway, has anyone ever seen or heard of one of these things?

Thanks!

Art

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like a 20" S-IPS panel using the NEC shell.

$325? Dang. I read that Sun doesn't like providing manuals of any type with their monitors. Nor will they do non-customer RMA's anymore. And that sucker has a 1 year warranty which could be non-usable anymore.

About all I could be bothered to find regarding the monitor without knowing anymore on it. Not sure why they would sell that for ~$950 retail.

edit:
Been looking around through some catalog's and some other people are listing it for around $550 retail. CDW is playing, "Pay up sucka!" with that monitor I bet. :rolleyes:

Even with the Sun name on the casing...there are limited suppliers of 20" lcd panels. Most likely the same one as used in the Dell 2007FP which would make me reluctant to pay that much for a used monitor when you can get a new Dell for just a few bucks more or even less..

Back