• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Suggestions requested on Foldserver, and QMDs

ICE_9

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,459
I am currently running a fold server setup and some standalone machines. I was wanting to put the foldserver into only timeless WU and then have each machiene with SSE2 on standalone with a big enough setup for QMDs. I don't have enough operating system licenses for the standalones so I would have to go with linux.

1. Does Foldix support QMDs?
2. Does any Linux clients support QMDs?
3. Mage, how do i make the foldserver be only for timeless WU? I know you helped me to get some Big WU on it but the older PCs are just chugging to hard on them for too long.

Any suggestions for changes are appreciated.

Thanks,
 
ICE_9 said:
I am currently running a fold server setup and some standalone machines. I was wanting to put the foldserver into only timeless WU and then have each machiene with SSE2 on standalone with a big enough setup for QMDs. I don't have enough operating system licenses for the standalones so I would have to go with linux.

1. Does Foldix support QMDs?
2. Does any Linux clients support QMDs?
3. Mage, how do i make the foldserver be only for timeless WU? I know you helped me to get some Big WU on it but the older PCs are just chugging to hard on them for too long.

Any suggestions for changes are appreciated.

Thanks,
1/2) If any linux clients do, Foldix does. I'm not sure if they do, though; ask on the FCF and let me know.
3) I forget what we changed to get it to do bigpackets, but the best way is probably to:
run "cfgfold" and say "let me mess with config files" or whatever it is
/etc/fold stop
cd /fold/1
./FAHClient.exe -configonly
/etc/fold start

I forget what the FAHClient.exe is called; do "ls" and use whatever the client is named. "fold.exe" maybe?

 
Back
Top