suggestions on cable/dsl router

DirtyApe

Gawd
ok im gonna have 2 comps on a router hooked up to a cable modem. i will be playing games, sharing files, and using it for LAN parties with friends << :D i had a D-link router before but it is very quirky and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. sometimes i can send files to a friend but one day i cant but then the next day i can. if i upgrade the firmware the router restricts almost everything. i want an easy to use router. i dont care about security cuz i have firewalls on the computers. i care about speed, quality, and id like to be able to disable the firewall on the router and enable the DMZ for a computer and have it work. and the price range is at least $150. you guys are great! i could give you a hug but then there would be so many eyes! AIYEE!:) :D

Computer Power User did a roundup of broadband routers in its March issue. The Netgear FVS318 came out on top, mainly because "not only was it more secure out of the box, it had an excellent interface and could support larger networks." Also, the price is just in your range, at $149. I suggest checking it out.

*arjun

Back