Suggestions on budget PC

kumquat

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
5,269
I'm not much of an Intel guy. This will be my first Intel system since a 450MHz P3.

Here's what I plan on buying and spending. The system is being built for a friend who will use it for day to day internet stuff with the occasional online game, office work, etc.

Code:
CPU	125	Pentium D 805 retail shipped
HSF	35	Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
MB	90	Abit AW8 shipped
RAM	87.8	Corsair VS 2x512 DDR2-667 shipped
HD	69.9	WD 160G SATA2 8MB shipped
case	63.99	Antec solution shipped
DVD-RW	42	LG shipped
Vid	43.5	EVGA 6200 LE TC 128 shipped

I plan on attempting to OC the 805D to ~3.3GHz, mainly to boost the FSB up from 533 to 667.

Comments, suggestions? I'm particularly interested in the MB choice.

Target budget is under $575US. The lower the better.
 
Back
Top