Suggestions for new build

RoGuE1230

Limp Gawd
I finally have all my parts for my new build, except the power supply. I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, and an XFX RX 5700 DD Ultra. It's been almost 10 years since my last build (Phenom II 1055T) and I am totally out of the loop on power supplies. I would reuse my current power supply, and XFX 650w that is a rebranded Seasonic, but it is original from the build 10 years ago and don't want to risk my new hardware. It looks like EVGA and Corsair are the major players now but they both have so many different options with the same wattage. My budget is around $70-80, but could go higher if need be. I would also like to get 80+ Gold if possible.

Suggestions?

I would look for a deal on a Seasonic Focus Gold or EVGA G2, G3, or GQ(they also have a GD gold line that's not that great so be careful). I'm not as up to date on Corsair because I've had bad luck personally but they do make some good units.

You said it yourself. You have a 10 year old rebranded Seasonic that is working fine. I would stay with them if looking for a new one.

How much use did it have and at what load? If you were never pushing it it might be okay but 10yrs is a long time for a worn PSU that could sabotage your whole system

How do the rails look like underload? If you dont have a multimeter. You can usually pick one up for $20.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back