Suggestion for home patch panel

debaser_

Limp Gawd
I want to setup a LAN in my house, but not sure about where to get the best prices on equipment. I know i can find cables, crimp tools etc almost anywhere, but what about a small 4 or 8 port patch panel ?

You could also make one with keystone jacks, a two gang faceplate, and a two gang electrical box. Could have up to twelve ports. A single gang setup would be good up to 6 ports.

I used a PVC outdoor style box myself. Has screw holes at each corner to mount it to the wall.

you could also use a couple of surface mount boxes that have 4 keystone jack holes.

Thanks for the replies. Still not sure what im gonna do, but gives me some things to think about.

I did my house with 24 Cat6 ports around the house. I bought a 24-port switch from Newegg, however I'd suggest you look at the Dell switches at Dell.com.

I got 1000' of Cat6 on eBay for about $80 and I got a nice Leviton Patch Panel also on eBay. I also got all of my Keystone Jacks and faceplates on eBay. You can't beat the prices and they were all new stuff.

I can help as well.. Leviton and OnQ dealer. Engineer and specify residential and commercial installs for a living. Tons of options for you..!

Back