• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggested X-Fi settings?

Lazaredz

n00b
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
53
Did a quick google and search of the forums and didn't find what I was looking for so ....

Anyone know of an X-Fi settings guide? Just some default suggestions on what to set to what for the Entertainment and Gaming mode and maybe some hints on the THX page too?

I just want a good starting place to tweak my own preferances from (with a 5300-e speaker set).

Thx
 
Well if you are running your audio out digitally to a receiver, I'd reccomend setting it up to "Bit Matched" playback. This can only be done in audio creation mode. It disables 24bit crystalizer, CMSS3D, etc...

I like it because it doesn't resample anything and all tweaking can be done on the receiver.
 
Nope going straight of the X-Fi into the 5300s.

Any suggestions/links to articles people?
 
I know you don't wanna hear this, but try em out for yourself. As nice as a guide is, it's always someone else's earballs! :eek:
 
Back
Top