macschwag14
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2008
- Messages
- 58
So I’m having a bit of a problem that I could use some help on.
Over lunch I went home to boot up my PC and … nothing. It would show the Gigabyte mobo logo on the screen, flash to black, show the Gigabyte logo, flash to black, etc. I’m not sure if it was rebooting as it usually makes a booming noise through the speakers when it restarts. However, I did several reboots by turning off the main power switch on the power supply only to have it do the same thing.
I also couldn’t enter BIOS. This is most likely due to having my keyboard hooked up to the PS/2 port rather than USB. I’ll switch it to USB when I get off work for the day and have more time to mess around with things.
Anyway, I’m wondering if this is a memory problem or a motherboard problem, or neither? It just seems odd that I’ve had no trouble and then all of the sudden I can’t boot to Windows.
I'm running 8 gigs of DDR2 memory and using a Gigabyte green motherboard.
Thanks!
Over lunch I went home to boot up my PC and … nothing. It would show the Gigabyte mobo logo on the screen, flash to black, show the Gigabyte logo, flash to black, etc. I’m not sure if it was rebooting as it usually makes a booming noise through the speakers when it restarts. However, I did several reboots by turning off the main power switch on the power supply only to have it do the same thing.
I also couldn’t enter BIOS. This is most likely due to having my keyboard hooked up to the PS/2 port rather than USB. I’ll switch it to USB when I get off work for the day and have more time to mess around with things.
Anyway, I’m wondering if this is a memory problem or a motherboard problem, or neither? It just seems odd that I’ve had no trouble and then all of the sudden I can’t boot to Windows.
I'm running 8 gigs of DDR2 memory and using a Gigabyte green motherboard.
Thanks!