Sub $100 video card with Component out.

placeboFx

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am looking for a decent sub $100 video card to swap out with my 6800 Gt to play games on my t.v.. The problem is that my T.V. will only accept HD in Component (R,G,B) :(. So I need a decent card to play Imperial Glory, C&C Generals and some other RTS'. I would also like to play Half Life and Far Cry at decent LAN Party frame rates.

I would prefer to stick with an Nvidia card as my system already has the drivers for it. However, I have read that Ati can do a better job with T.V. out so I would be willing to swap drivers if it's worth it.

Anyways, thanks for reading I look forward to reading your responses.

Placebo

Everytime you swap the two cards, even if they are both nVidia, you would have to reinstall the drivers anyways. Why not just play those games on your monitor?

Leadtech @ Newegg is only $80 shipped and it has HDTV out. Only problem with that MIGHT be that you will have to run 1600x800 or something like that to fill out the screen on a large HDTV and Far Cry might not run too well on the 6200 at that high of resolution. I've played Far Cry on my 50" HDTV on the system in my sig without any problems.

Back