• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Stupid question about psu

charlywiggin

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
126
I have a corsair 400w psu lying around. I'm thinking of using it for htpc, however it has a lot of long cables that are going to hog free space in a small case. If I just cut the unused cables here:



Will it boot up and run?

Thanks.
 
i would just open the psu and remove them from the base. It'll make it look cleaner when you put it back together
 
i would just open the psu and remove them from the base. It'll make it look cleaner when you put it back together

Yup...if you're going to void a warranty anyway might as well do it right.
 
If you're good with a soldering iron, you can just desolder the wires you don't need from the board.
 
Back
Top