Stupid question about having Dual cards.

Able4

n00b
Ok yeah so i'm looking at a first build and am looking at a motherboard now, http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813138272 Now I was leaning towards getting a ATI video card. Could I have it run two ATI cards on this motherboard? Stupid but on newegg on some of the reviews their were saying, most of them that they were disappointed with the ati xpress 200 crossfire chipset. So could i get this and run two ATI cards on it and have it work without any conflicts? Thanks for the help and sorry if that was a stupid question. If this was already asked can you provide a link. Thanks.

On that linked motherboard, its only possible to have 1 ATi card, but 2 nVidia cards. That motherboard is desgined for SLi (dual nVidia cards, not ATi). What you need to look for is a motherboard that handles "Crossfire" (dual ATi Cards).

Do you have an AMD or an Intel CPU? because with the Intel 975X chipset you can run ATi Crossfire, and i believe people are saying it is realy stable and they like it a lot,

But what the posters said above me is correct and you should listen to him if i jsut confused the who situation.

Back