• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stuck deciding please help!!!

garen45

n00b
Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
2
Hey guys i need some expert opinions because I am confused. I currently have 2 Dell Ultrasharp 2007wfp monitors and have been using them for a while now with no problems. However a friend of mine gave me 2 Dell S2330mx monitors as a gift and I don't want to do 4 monitors but have a hard time choosing which 2 to keep. My concern is that the 2007wfp was in the flagship line of Dell monitors when I purchased them but I can't seem to figure out if it outperforms the S2330mx now or not and if so in what way.

I also like the look of the 2007wfp but it is a smaller monitor than the S2330mx.

Another question I have is with the size, how can both the 23 and 24 inch monitors now available be widescreen?

To sum it up I want to know which set of monitors would you guys keep and why?
 
Hey guys i need some expert opinions because I am confused. I currently have 2 Dell Ultrasharp 2007wfp monitors and have been using them for a while now with no problems. However a friend of mine gave me 2 Dell S2330mx monitors as a gift and I don't want to do 4 monitors but have a hard time choosing which 2 to keep. My concern is that the 2007wfp was in the flagship line of Dell monitors when I purchased them but I can't seem to figure out if it outperforms the S2330mx now or not and if so in what way.

You're comparing a VA (vertical alignment) panel to a TN (twisted nematic) panel, the latter being the S2330mx. Each has their own benefits, and while most would consider a VA panel to be superior, it all really just depends on what you want from your monitor. Here's a brief rundown of how they stack up.

Colors: The TN uses 6-bit + FRC while the VA uses 8-bit, meaning less noticeable banding on the VA panel.

Viewing Angles: The TN will have gamma shift all over as you go off-center, whereas the VA will have noticeably less gamma shift, especially vertically (allowing you to lean back in your chair with less loss in visual quality).

Contrast: Typically a VA panel will have deeper blacks while a TN will have slightly brighter whites. The overall net contrast will be in VA's favor.

Response Time: TN will have faster response times leading to less ghosting/blur in motion.

Overall, it comes down to which specs above matter more to you. Movie buffs will appreciate the better black levels and contrast of a VA, whereas gamers generally prefer the better response time of TN.

I also like the look of the 2007wfp but it is a smaller monitor than the S2330mx.

You have a tradeoff, smaller size and possibly better picture quality, or larger and higher resolution.

Another question I have is with the size, how can both the 23 and 24 inch monitors now available be widescreen?

I don't think I understand your question, but I'll take a stab at it. With dell, typically their 23" monitors are 16:9 (1920x1080) while their 24" monitors are 16:10 (1920x1200). Both can render 1080p content, but the 24" will have horizontal letterboxing. It just offers more vertical space.

To sum it up I want to know which set of monitors would you guys keep and why?

It's hard to say without both in front of me given that I like both TN and VA for different uses. I'd say hook up one of each and move applications windows from one to the other to get a feel how each one performs relative to your needs.
 
Thanks for your clarification on everything, but just one thing, my 2007wfp is s-ips not va so would that change your opinion as opposed to a tn monitor?

The s-ips is from 2007 and the tn is a 2012 model so does that make a difference in terms of the newer tn monitor being comparable to an older s-ips monitor or is the older s-ips a better all around picture?
 
Back
Top