Strange sounds ????

amohedas

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
230
Everytime I scroll through a window be it internet explorer or any kind of window, or a move a window around I get this wierd sound from my speakers, headphones or whatever. I have all windows sounds turned off, and the sounds that do come out are not loud, but are annoying. It sounds like a soft scrapping or high pitched continuous crackle. I have an audigy 2. Could the problem be with my vidcard interfering with the sound card? SHould I try switching PCI slots?? I've heard other people had trouble with their Ps2 keyboards and mice interfering with nForce 2 stuff, but I dont have a USB keyboard to try it out.
 
You might need to make sure that you are using shielded audio cables, and try to put your PC and speakers on a separate power circuit.

Sounds like you have a ground loop issue.
 
Could be the PS/2 port, like what that guy who posted before had. Have you tried a USB mouse?
 
Well I think I got it figured out. All I had to do was turn CMSS off in the EAX Console and it seems to have fixed the problem. I also ran a program that turns of the "turbo" mode that is enabled in all audigy cards.

here is the linky
 
Back
Top