Strange Issue with Soyo 24

FrostyAMD

Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
792
ok lost my soyo monitor on my main computer. Go to my secondary computer shut it down and remove my secondary soyo. connect it to main computer and boot it up. everything seems to start fine but notice windows startup screen looks larger, Once windows loads find that it is much lower resolution1024X768 and I can't change it back to 1920x1200 using nvidia control panel or windows display setting in control panel. Plz tell me what's wrong !!! both computers running win64 computer that displays correct resoluion is using ATI 5770 other is using 560GTX TI. I don't understand this
 
ok lost my soyo monitor on my main computer. Go to my secondary computer shut it down and remove my secondary soyo. connect it to main computer and boot it up. everything seems to start fine but notice windows startup screen looks larger, Once windows loads find that it is much lower resolution1024X768 and I can't change it back to 1920x1200 using nvidia control panel or windows display setting in control panel. Plz tell me what's wrong !!! both computers running win64 computer that displays correct resoluion is using ATI 5770 other is using 560GTX TI. I don't understand this

Are you running TWO Soyo 24" monitors per GPU? Did you already try doing a CLEAN install of new (and the latest) video drivers? I know when I had a single 8800GTX, I ran my 24" Soyo computer monitor on one port.. on the second port, I was running a 42" 720p HDTV (I used to watch DVD's that played off of my DVDROM drive). I was having issues similiar to what you are experiencing but after I did a CLEAN install of the latest WHQL Nvidia drivers, my issue went away. Worked like a champ until I sold the 720p and revamped to a single large monitor setup.
 
Not running two monitors on one gpu. Just switched soyo over to main computer running 560GTX Ti
 
Back
Top