Yossarian22
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2009
- Messages
- 1,799
Rig is in sig.
Basically, for the last few weeks I'd notice my computer would shut down while I was sleeping or away at school. Some of these were Windows Update. A few nights ago, some hard crashes and computer self-restarts. Haven't changed anything in BIOS or anything, was running rock solid.
All components feel cool and aren't overheating at all, the hottest component is the underside of the HDD. Temps under HWmonitor show it to be fine, though.
The behavior is as if there is a memory problem, however, I eventually raised my timings and burned memtest86+ v4.0 and got by two passes with no errors.
I can hear my HDD throttling up/down during certain moments and whenever I can get to desktop, I experience choppy performance and eventually it will give me a hard lockup or restart itself. I got a blue screen once, I couldn't read off the error, it was a strange one, almost as if the memory was bad (error 0x000004?).
To try to compensate for this, I clocked down FSB, I raised my timings, still happens.
Any ideas?
This sucks, man. I am stumped and I'm in the middle of finals. Going to shoot myself soon. I haven't been this stumped in a long time regarding hardware.
Basically, for the last few weeks I'd notice my computer would shut down while I was sleeping or away at school. Some of these were Windows Update. A few nights ago, some hard crashes and computer self-restarts. Haven't changed anything in BIOS or anything, was running rock solid.
All components feel cool and aren't overheating at all, the hottest component is the underside of the HDD. Temps under HWmonitor show it to be fine, though.
The behavior is as if there is a memory problem, however, I eventually raised my timings and burned memtest86+ v4.0 and got by two passes with no errors.
I can hear my HDD throttling up/down during certain moments and whenever I can get to desktop, I experience choppy performance and eventually it will give me a hard lockup or restart itself. I got a blue screen once, I couldn't read off the error, it was a strange one, almost as if the memory was bad (error 0x000004?).
To try to compensate for this, I clocked down FSB, I raised my timings, still happens.
Any ideas?
This sucks, man. I am stumped and I'm in the middle of finals. Going to shoot myself soon. I haven't been this stumped in a long time regarding hardware.