Storage suggestions for car

SmithyJones

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 14, 2000
Messages
2,085
Just got a new car, and I'm weighing my options for music storage. The stereo has a usb port which allows for media player interface (ipod, zune, etc) or it will read FAT32 volumes.

Possibilities include a thumb drive, or a portable enclosure housing an SSD or conventional HDD. I'm concerned over the environmental impact on the storage device, since I don't want to remove it from the vehicle on a regular basis. Being in Ohio, I'll need it to stand up to the temps inside a black car on a hot summer day and sub freezing temps in the winter. (though it will be inside a console compartment at all times)

I think I'm leaning towards going SSD with an enclosure, but I figured I'd check in with the [H] before making a final decision.
 
Last edited:
I want to keep my entire music collection in the vehicle. Around 80gb is where I am now, and I'd like room to grow.
 
Back
Top