stock temps too high

osoeovoeon

n00b
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
9
Hey, I just built a new rig with the Q9450, and am using the Xigmatek HDT S1283 to cool it with a bunch of case fans giving good air flow.
Now, core temp is saying my cores are hovering around 50 degrees, with no load. Why would temps be so high? this is my first time doing this.
Thanks
 
Either a stuck sensor (do the Quads have those, or only the duals?) or bad contact with the heatsink - have you tried reseating your heatsink? That does seem like a high idle temp.
 
What thermal compound are you using? Also, are you using the Xigmatek's included push-pins, or are you using a bolt-thru kit such as the Thermalright LGA775 bolt-thru kit?
 
Check out this thread. The belief is that Coretemp has set the wrong TJMax for a lot of the cpus out there. Check it out and see what you think.
 
I thought i set the heatsink properly. Im using MX-2 theral compound. I am using the push pins, which annoy me, so I ordered thermalrights bolt-thru kit but I dont think it works with that heatsink, it didnt seem like it would unless i'm just dumb and couldnt figure it out.

I just tried realtemp and it is giving lower temps, from 35-40 degrees, whereas HWmonitor and coretemp are both giving the same 48-55 degrees. And of course the motherboard gives the lowest at around 29-33 degrees.

I dont like how the pushpins work though, i can wobble the heatsink, and i think if it were bolted it would be a more solid connection.
 
Back
Top