• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Still ethustiastic about SB ?

Well glad you replied back. Anyway I'll rebuild the QX9650 system for a spare as soon as I can find a non overpriced P45 mainboard for it...(I saw a used ep45 ud3p sell for just over $200 on ebay...that's just freaking absurd...

if you don't need full ATX or Crossfire (just a single GPU), I've seen some DFI P45 Jr's running around for $80-ish.
 
I love my SB computers. I have no problems with mine, besides the SATA recall, and overclocking was very easy. Once I get my free SATA cards from TD, I'll be all set. :)
 
Waiting for DFI to start making Lanparty MBs again. When this happens I will be more excited about the newest chipsets.

For now I'm happy with DFI X58/i7-930.
 
Got any links? Looking for one myself.

I've seen a few on the forums (here) for sale @ that price, and on eBay (but on tBey they're fewer and further between). Do a forum search for "P45 Jr" and see if you get anything. I dont think I've seen any for a few weeks now, but really that when I was last really active in FS/FT.

Waiting for DFI to start making Lanparty MBs again. When this happens I will be more excited about the newest chipsets.

For now I'm happy with DFI X58/i7-930.

DFI has existed the consumer space. They no longer make, or design consumer level products. Their RMAs and support are now being handled by a 3rd party, truly sad news. They now focus entirely on enbedded and industrial systems. Like abit before them, and BFG Tech... They are now gone, likely never to return.
 
I went for the I7 950 back in November when MC was blowing them out the door at $199. With this thing running 4.2 w/ HT it bullies anything I throw at it. My main bottleneck now is my HDD since i haven't jumped on the SSDs yet. I figure I'll upgrade in 2012 to ivy and give this to my wife as a hand me down.
 
I grabbed a MC 2500k on release day for roughly the same price that used q9550s are going for (price being the only reason, really).
I sat on the sidelines waiting for mATX 1155 releases and reviews, while watching the bios teething problems that were torturing some early adopters. Then the recall hit.

Enthusiasm? Meh. Perhaps z68 will be worthwhile. I'd care if my Steam catalog wasn't chock full of older games I picked up during the sales.
 
Back
Top