Read the sticky breaking down panel types and it's great.
However, there's something that would be extremely beneficial to all of us. Between all the users who read this particular section, it should be simple to compile one comprehensive list of 99.9% of all monitor characteristics. I'd love to chip in with some basic info and work with someone more knowledgeable. I'd get to learn stuff too.
One of the BIGGEST clutter of threads is asking which monitor for "gaming", "color reproduction", and both. I'm currently guilty of this myself. I want to dive into the IPS world but I don't want to spend a bunch of money and find out there's something better; or play the, buy, try, return game. It's completely unmanageable when every single user here opens a thread for the same thing.
Can we collaborate and start with a spreadsheet outlining:
Brand
Model #
Panel Type
Resolution
Response Time
Price
Feel free to chip in with additional, pertinent specifications; such as x-bit, or color spectrum.
The second thing would be to group displays into specific groups such as "Gaming", "Color Reproduction", and "Acceptable for both".
This alone should clear out tons of threads asking the same question >__<
btw, i'm looking for a dual 24" 1920x1200 IPS setup that works for gaming and photoshop
However, there's something that would be extremely beneficial to all of us. Between all the users who read this particular section, it should be simple to compile one comprehensive list of 99.9% of all monitor characteristics. I'd love to chip in with some basic info and work with someone more knowledgeable. I'd get to learn stuff too.
One of the BIGGEST clutter of threads is asking which monitor for "gaming", "color reproduction", and both. I'm currently guilty of this myself. I want to dive into the IPS world but I don't want to spend a bunch of money and find out there's something better; or play the, buy, try, return game. It's completely unmanageable when every single user here opens a thread for the same thing.
Can we collaborate and start with a spreadsheet outlining:
Brand
Model #
Panel Type
Resolution
Response Time
Price
Feel free to chip in with additional, pertinent specifications; such as x-bit, or color spectrum.
The second thing would be to group displays into specific groups such as "Gaming", "Color Reproduction", and "Acceptable for both".
This alone should clear out tons of threads asking the same question >__<
btw, i'm looking for a dual 24" 1920x1200 IPS setup that works for gaming and photoshop