static coming from my klipschs

Dome

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 16, 2002
Messages
2,096
i got 51 ultras, and for some reason there is static coming from them whenever there is sound. when i do the testing in software, like when i have it do the "left, center, right" w/ the voice, it sounds nice and clear, but w/ my games and music there is static.

i'm going to do a reboot to see if its some wierd software thing, but any other suggestion? i've tried checking the plugs, i haven't moved anything around lately.

plz help
 
Chances are it is software related.. Make sure you have latest DirectX, etc. Could be when sound is sent through DirectSound or something. Could also be your sound drivers for the same reason. What motherboard & soundcard are you on?

Also, ya may want to take a peak at the Klipsch forums www.klipsch.com and see if there is any similar problems there. Use the search feature ;)
 
yeah i rebooted and it was fine, i tested w/ my headphones before i rebooted and it was in the headphones too
 
On my old system, every once in a while it would boot with a channel not working. Reboot and it would be fine. At least ya got it fixed.
 
I have the exact same Klipsch 5.1 Ultras and they give me staticky noise everytime I start my computer up, but I have no problems with it otherwise. However, sometimes I get a strange noise emitting from one of the satellites.

I'm still using onboard sound because I'm waiting for my M-Audio Revo to come in... I think it may have something to do with SoundMAX that comes with the P4P800-DLX.
 
i've got the abit nf7-S w/ soundstorm.

i've got an audigy, but i figure i don't need it...maybe i should think about tossing it in.
 
Back
Top