standalone stress test program?

joblo37pam

2[H]4U
I am looking for a program to do stress testing on repaired machines before I send them back with their owners, but I don't want something I have to install on each machine. Sandra works great, but I'd rather have something I can put on a usb drive and run from there. Is there such a thing?

Is this a program to run in Windows, or to boot into without booting into an OS?

Everest has a free edition and it can be run from a USB stick, so can PCWizard from the makers of CPU-Z. Prime95 can be run off a stick, wPrime, etc.

There's a bunch of stuff that can be run from USB sticks and leave no trace on the host machine(s). PortableApps.com has some, and there are other sites that specialize in USB or "portable" applications also.

Sorry to be so vague. Windows would be preferred. There are a few available bootable apps that I have found, but not for windows.

Everest has a free edition and it can be run from a USB stick, so can PCWizard from the makers of CPU-Z. Prime95 can be run off a stick, wPrime, etc.

There's a bunch of stuff that can be run from USB sticks and leave no trace on the host machine(s). PortableApps.com has some, and there are other sites that specialize in USB or "portable" applications also.

Thanks, I'll look into these. The more subsystems they can test, the better (memory, cpu, graphics, etc.)

Back