I'm having a problem with a password stored on a Corsair P128 SSD drive.The drive was originally in one of my old laptops that I let my friend have for college. He put a password on the laptop which then put a password on the ssd. Then when I was at his place during the holidays the motherboard died so I figured I'd take my SSD back. So now when ever i try to boot up with the drive it asks for a password. My friend gave me all the passwords he uses/used and none of them work.
Is there some type of program out there that will allow me to wipe a hdd password out or am I pretty much screwed? Everything I've read says the password is stored at the firmware level so at this point I can't even access it. I'd hate to throw a perfectly working SSD drive out the window because of this damn password.
Is there some type of program out there that will allow me to wipe a hdd password out or am I pretty much screwed? Everything I've read says the password is stored at the firmware level so at this point I can't even access it. I'd hate to throw a perfectly working SSD drive out the window because of this damn password.