• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SR-2 not wanting to post

Doozer

2[H]4U
Joined
May 30, 2001
Messages
2,548
So, who is the resident SR-2 expert?

I've got one that starts beeping once it gets to the C0 post code.
 
Until someone more qualified chimes in, is the board or CPU new to you?
Will it boot with only one CPU or the other installed?
The C0 code is related to Secondary initialization of CPU, so I would start there.
 
Yeah, it is a BNIB SR-2. I've had a couple before, but they were both used. I may have a bad CPU. I've got it posting with one CPU enabled so I'm going to throw the latest BIOS on it and see what happens.
 
switch the CPUs around? I have a bad chip and it gets FF right away in socket 0
 
Have you booted the known good CPU in both sockets? Tried the other CPU in the known good socket?
 
Yes, I have extremely bad luck lately when it comes to CPUs. I don't buy them without some sort of warranty anymore.
 
It might not be bad cpu.... could be that those two cpus don't have same steppings (A0, B1,...)
 
Back
Top