Spybot S&D + Ad-aware issue

Snobok

[H]ard|Gawd
I have noticed for some time that, more often than not, whenever I download somthing from the internet and try to run/install it, I get some crap about the file being corrupted. I figured there might be some malware on my computer, so I decided to run Spybot S&D and Adaware. However, whenever I try to run a system scan, windows continually pops up with a no disk error saying that there is no disk in my DVD drive. If I continue to click cancel, the scan will run, but I can't handle clicking 40,000 times just to run a spyware scan. Any help on either problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Snobok

ccleaner before ad-aware and spybot makes wonders, also run the scans while in safe mode ;)

oldmx

Run the scans in safe mode, should do the trick. Run Ewido also.

running ccleaner deletes all of the temp files, thus reducing the amount of files adware and spybot has to scan.

Well, I just tryed running the scans in safe mode, but I still get the random no disk in drive error. I may just have to email the makers of Spybot to see if they know anything. I also wonder if running Daemon tools in the background is causing the system to think that there needs to be a disk in the drive.

Snobok said:
Well, I just tryed running the scans in safe mode, but I still get the random no disk in drive error. I may just have to email the makers of Spybot to see if they know anything. I also wonder if running Daemon tools in the background is causing the system to think that there needs to be a disk in the drive.

The is a possibility.

Back