speed control in MCP655

Gabriel5

n00b
I have a MCP 655 pump hooked up to my system, and I wanted to experiment with raising the speed of the pump. I have the regular version with the dial on the back. So far I've left it at the same speed it came in, speed 2. With a flat edge screw driver I can spin it counter clockwise all the way past one and back around to 4 and it is set to off. But I can't get it to more to three. I've used some force trying to move it from 2 to 3 but am afraid to use more force without asking here first to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

It moves really easily down to one. Should it be this difficult to move to three? :confused:

The speed is already at 5, look closely the arrow, you are probably looking at the other end :|

The little red nub might be facing the wrong way as well.

Be very careful with it - it breaks off easily... Don't use any more force than you can reasonably provide with a tiny metal screwdriver.

Or the dial may have been put on in the wrong place. You could try removing and putting the sticker in the correct location, turn it on all the way and that is where 5 is. Should be able to line up the sticker properly then.

Back