• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Speakers advice.

PvP-ForLife

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
214
Greetings everybody,

I decided to step up and get a new set of speakers (to replace my current Altec ATP3). Since the prices in my country are a bit spicy and never seen any true advantages into the 5.1 + setups I decided to stick to a 2.1 one.
The only reasonable models are :

http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_Z_2300/4505-3179_7-30993080.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_MegaWorks_250D_THX/4505-3179_7-21033391-2.html
From the data I dug up, I have found complaints about the Z 2300, referring to the fact that the speakers can't hold up with the subwoofer, some said that at about ~60% volume the sounds begins to get distorted (some even said that the speakers "blew" up at 80% + volume).
Regarding the Creative 250D, I am aware they can't reach the 300W but they seem a bit more balanced.

I would love any input from people that had/have any experience or own any of the upper mentioned products.

Thanks in advance.
 
sx434.jpg.jpg


I use this receiver with (2) Sony 200 watt 10" speakers hanging on my wall. Its much easier for me because the receiver has a headphones jack for when Im gaming and makes turning the volume/bass/treble up and down easier.

All this was taken from the trash at various times and all works excellent.

Use anything that has Aux. Input jacks and get the wires from RadioShack to connect from pc to stereo
 
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or even better would be a stereo receiver + a pair of bookshelf speakers. You can get a nice receiver (used or new) and bookshelf speakers for well under $200 and it would blow away any 2.1 system on the market.
 
Thanks for the input, the only problem is that my options are preety limited in my country (Romania, most online stores don't even deliver here), I will take into consideration mixing speakers/woofer from different brands.
 
Mr. Wolf said:
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or even better would be a stereo receiver + a pair of bookshelf speakers. You can get a nice receiver (used or new) and bookshelf speakers for well under $200 and it would blow away any 2.1 system on the market.
I will look into the Klipsch Promedia 2.1, wonder how they compare with the other 2.1 systems out there...they all seem so damn close to eachother.
 
Back
Top