Hi everyone,
I recently moved and have no room for my old 7.1 creative sound system. It's done the trick over the years, but now its time to upgrade. I've been looking for a 2.1 system, where money isn't much of an issue (say, 250-300 euro budget) so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I only use Linux, so I'm not looking for speakers that come with software controls or anything like that.
I'd also like to simplify my current setup if possible. My setup is like this:
* PC is connected to speakers
* Speakers have volume control with stereo jack
* I have to swap the input on the headphone jack on the volume control, since I need to either:
a) have none (and listen through speakers)
b) headphones plugged in (for gaming)
c) stereo jack plugged in (for watching stuff on tv)
This means I have to swap cables around a lot which is an awful pain. Is there any kind of simple control box that will easily let me switch outputs?
If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it
I recently moved and have no room for my old 7.1 creative sound system. It's done the trick over the years, but now its time to upgrade. I've been looking for a 2.1 system, where money isn't much of an issue (say, 250-300 euro budget) so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I only use Linux, so I'm not looking for speakers that come with software controls or anything like that.
I'd also like to simplify my current setup if possible. My setup is like this:
* PC is connected to speakers
* Speakers have volume control with stereo jack
* I have to swap the input on the headphone jack on the volume control, since I need to either:
a) have none (and listen through speakers)
b) headphones plugged in (for gaming)
c) stereo jack plugged in (for watching stuff on tv)
This means I have to swap cables around a lot which is an awful pain. Is there any kind of simple control box that will easily let me switch outputs?
If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it