quadrinary
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2001
- Messages
- 1,966
I've had a set of Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers for about 4 years now. I love them. There's nothing I've heard in the computer-world that really rivals them.
Enter the xbox360: I picked one of these bad boys up a couple days ago and primarily play it on my 20" widescreen LCD monitor. Problem is, I obviously want to use the ProMedias with it, and if possible, have a Dolby Digital setup. I know that Klipsch made a box called the DD-5.1 that will handle multiple inputs and DD/DTS decoding, but they're incredibly hard to come by, and when they <i>do</i> pop up on ebay, they fetch a healthy price. The other option is something like the Creative DDTS-100, but I question the quality of the DACs and whatnot that Creative used in this thing. Any suggestions regarding a DD/DTS decoder for use with ProMedias would be awesome...
There is, however, a second option. I have a buddy who replaced a set of Logitech Z-5500 speakers with a set of Fluances for use in his TV room. He'd be willing to do a straight-up swap of the Z-5500s for my ProMedias.
I've not had much time with the Z-5500s, so I'm looking for input regarding them vs. the ProMedias. Should i just keep my current system and shell out 130 bones for some sort of decoder? Or should i abandon the rig that has never failed me for something that may or may not be as good?
Thanks for the input,
-q
Enter the xbox360: I picked one of these bad boys up a couple days ago and primarily play it on my 20" widescreen LCD monitor. Problem is, I obviously want to use the ProMedias with it, and if possible, have a Dolby Digital setup. I know that Klipsch made a box called the DD-5.1 that will handle multiple inputs and DD/DTS decoding, but they're incredibly hard to come by, and when they <i>do</i> pop up on ebay, they fetch a healthy price. The other option is something like the Creative DDTS-100, but I question the quality of the DACs and whatnot that Creative used in this thing. Any suggestions regarding a DD/DTS decoder for use with ProMedias would be awesome...
There is, however, a second option. I have a buddy who replaced a set of Logitech Z-5500 speakers with a set of Fluances for use in his TV room. He'd be willing to do a straight-up swap of the Z-5500s for my ProMedias.
I've not had much time with the Z-5500s, so I'm looking for input regarding them vs. the ProMedias. Should i just keep my current system and shell out 130 bones for some sort of decoder? Or should i abandon the rig that has never failed me for something that may or may not be as good?
Thanks for the input,
-q