Speaker died?

o2taku

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
82
I'm currently using Creative T40's. Recently I noticed a bump where you would have to push a bit harder to go higher in volume. This is at about the 25% mark. Later I noticed that once you go past this mark, the left speaker dies. Both speakers are fine at anything 25% or lower in volume. Does anyone know what happened to my set? Thanks for any help.
 
Sounds like some power or signal line somewhere being broken. If you're lucky, it's not an internal trace, and just a loose wire or plug, or a wire that's shorting out and can be repaired. Tug on all the wires while playing something back and see if you can find where it's broken, or if it's limited to a faulty volume knob or something like that.
 
Wait, physically push harder? There shouldn't be any pushing involved...if there is, you've killed the volume knob and/or attached varistor.
 
Sorry, I think I may have worded it wrong. It's a circular knob that when i try and spin past 25%, it feels as though something is there and I have to turn it a bit harder to go past 25%.

I've also tried replugging the wires on the back of the set as well as the wire connecting to the PC, but neither changed anything.
 
That still sounds like there's a problem with the knob or the varistor it's mounted on.
 
Back
Top