speaker advice

Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
27
Currently, I have Logitech X530 speakers. They give OK sound quality and are surround sound. However, they do not sound really good and have an enormous amount of base, so I am looking for a replacement.

It does not have to be surround sound. I would rather have better quality than surround sound.

What I mostly listen to is:
Classical, Jazz, and a small amount of rock.
Some Movies and Many Movie Trailers
I play GunZ and Star Wars Battlefront 2

I have my eyes on either the Z-2300 or the Swan M200 Studio Monitors. The Z-5500 would be good for surround sound, though.

EDIT: Also, if I upgraded my speakers, should I get a better sound card than my Creative SB Live! Value card? If I should, which one?

Reviews of both are very complimentary.

My budget is up to $250.

Should I get one of those speakers or do you have any suggestions on what else I should get? Additionally, is there any place I could go to listen to the Swans or the speakers you suggest?
 
neither of your links work.

if you want better quality sound stay away from logitech. the swans will make you happy from my listening to them. they won't rock the house but they sound nice.
 
Look for the AV123 XLS speakers and pair with a lowend receiver or integrated from audiogon/ebay.

Better than the Swans, but slightly more expensive.
 
You actually have quite a bit of options here.

Like someone said, you should probably look at some lowend bookshelf pairs and pair it with a reciever. If nothing else you could always grab just a T-amp and use that until you can afford a reciever.

Those AV123 X-LS are very good (I don't have enough experience to say they'd be the best to go with in this price range or not, but there are plenty of rave reviews for them).

I'll try to drop some more info about alternatives later, but you do have a fair amount of options.
 
Back
Top