• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SPDIF Output to Amp

Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
13
Ok here is my setup:
- My SPDIF Output looks like a normal headphone jack (http://www.xoticpc.com/laptop/9280/92805.jpg)
- A40 MixAmp, which I can connect to with either RCA (Red and White) or Coax (Orange) or TOSLink.
- A pair of Sennheiser HD555

My computer doesn't have Coax as a digital output nor TOSLink, so I'm left with this weird SPDIF Output.

I've tried putting a 3.5mm stereo plug to Red and white. It works in the headphone jack, but not in the SPDIF output. All I get is weird sounds and hissing. (I did change my computer settings so it uses the digital output). All I could find on the internet was that I needed a mono jack instead of a stereo jack. First, I don't know if it's true and second I can't find any cable 3.5mm mono male to RCA male.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
WarpedMonkey
 
The output is digital, so you need a DAC.

B) Toslink Optical Digital - (cable not included) Connecting to the MixAmp’s™ rear OPTICAL input: Many PC motherboards and sound cards come standard with an optical (Toslink) digital output. You may need to adjust your PC’s Audio Properties, and enable Digital output (with XP, this is usually a check box). Consult your motherboard or soundcard user manual for further information.

I think the MixAmp can decode digital or analog.


This looks like it could really be working!!! I'll try to get those cables tomorrow and post my outcome. Thank you
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top